Wednesday, December 23, 2015

JESUS is the Reason for the Season



JESUS is the Reason for the Season

Christmas is the day that holds all time together



Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Despite the fact that this season is supposedly the season of forgiveness and joy, simply because it is Christmas time, I cannot lie and say I feel joyful. For the second year, I do not and I will not feel joy when my Iraqi Christian brothers and sisters as well as other Christians around the world are being persecuted, displaced, and prohibited the simplest of needs–food, water, and medicine–and above all facing ongoing annihilation because of their faith and hope in the LORD.

What makes this unbelievably shocking is that Obama and his corrupted administration that intentionally ignoring Iraqi Christians’ plight, the intimidate European Parliament, the so called United Nation, the Iraqi sectarian government, the Kurdistan double-faced government, and the entire world is tongue tied, watching the ongoing ferocious GENOCIDE!!

There is no joy in my heart and I am deeply saddened, yet I wish you my brothers and sisters, your families, and loved ones a very Merry Christmas and happy new year.

In Christ,

Amer Hanna Fatuhi
Visual Artist & Historian

PS. If you would like to join my celebration in this Christmas, then all I am asking is to pray with me for the victims.

أيها الإخوة والأخوات

على الرغم من أن هذا الموسم كما هو مفترض
به أن يكون موسم غفران وفرح، لأنه ببساطة وقت عيد الميلاد المجيد. فأنني وللعام الثاني لا أستطيع أن أكذب وأقول بأنني أشعر بالبهجة، لأنني لم ولن أشعر بالبهجة فيما يتعرض العراقيون وغيرهم  في العالم من أخواتي وأخوتي في المسيح للإضطهاد، ويهجرون ويحرمون من أبسط إحتياجات الحياة، من غذاء وماء ودواء، ناهيكم عن مواجهتهم لخطر تواصل إبادتهم الجماعية، بسبب من إيمانهم ورجاءهم بالرب. الأنكى من هذا وذاك أن نرى أوباما وإدارته الفاسدة تهمل عن قصد إبادة المسيحيين، والبرلمان الأوربي المذعور والحكومة العراقية الطائفية وحكومة الإقليم المتعددة الوجوه، والعالم كله واقفاً معقود اللسان وهو ينظر إلى إستمرار هذه الإبادة الجماعية المتوحشة.

ليس هنالك فرح في قلبي وأنا أشعر بحزن عميق، ولكن أتمنى لكم إخواني وأخواتي، ولأسركم، ومحبيكم عيد ميلاد مجيد وسنة جديدة سعيدة.

في المسيح / عامر حنا فتوحي
فنان تشكيلي ومؤرخ

إنتباهة: إذا ما كنتم ترغبون في الانضمام لإحتفائي الخاص بعيد الميلاد المجيد في هذا العام، فأن كل ما أطلبه هو أن تصلوا معي من أجل هؤلاء الضحايا.

No comments:

Post a Comment